What to do if my shipment got damaged?
Unfortunately, sometimes our products get damaged on their way to our customers. In order to reduce the risk of this happening, we take great care when wrapping and packing the parcel. However in rare cases, damages can still occur.
In order to resolve such cases quickly and efficiently and either refund your money or send you a new parcel, it is of the utmost importance that you follow these simple steps:
- If you can already a damage of the packaging material from the outside, either:
- decline acceptance of the package
- open the package with the courier as a witness and check whether the contents are ok. If the contents are damaged, you can still deny acceptance of the parcel.
- If you find the damage only after you have accepted and opened the package it is crucial that:
- You document the damage (cell phone pictures of the packaging and various angles of the damaged product are needed)
- Within 7 days, you need to return the damaged package as well as the contents to your local post office from the courier service that delivered the goods (in many countries, that will not be DHL, but your local shipping service like USPS (USA), Chunghwa Post Co., Ltd. (Taiwan), PostNL (Netherlands) and so on.
- Don’t let them send you away again (they will oftentimes try that), but insist of filing a damage complaint. The local post service will then document the damage and provide you with a document and a case number.
- Please forward this information as well as a scan/photo of the document and your own pictures of the damage to us at email@example.com
- Only after we have received all this information we can make a claim with DHL in order to get a refund for both the products and the shipping cost
- Unfortunately these processes will take quite some time and it can take up to 5 weeks until we can either issue a refund or send you a new parcel.
Thank you so much for your help and we are very sorry if you are affected by this inconvenience. As a small business operation however, we are relying on your help to also limit the amount of damage for us, so that we can keep providing our products and services to you, also in the future.